Wednesday, April 8, 2009

About to get results

We're having a scan today - at 8 weeks 6 days. I won't get results until later tonight and they will just be verbal results because Dr Yash won't have the report from the sonologist in her hands until tomorrow or the next day.

I am busting to find out how much bubble has grown in a week and whether s/he has caught up. I also want to know bubble's heart beat rate as we didn't get that on the last scan report.

At the same time, I am nervous, just because that is what I do best. I am focussing on the building project and banishing the "what if this, what of thats" from my head, which I can do now thanks to rest and meditation.

There is nothing so heartbreaking getting to your ten week scan and there is no heartbeat (one of my pregnancies back in 1998), yet you've had no bleeding, and no signs of anything going wrong. The docs call this a missed miscarriage. This could happen with our current bubble, but it is unlikely. Yet I can still feel the echoes of past heartbreak resonate against my hope.

I have to keep clearly and firmly in my mind: not my egg, not my body, therefore no comparison.

Building news:
I am going to find a project manger or builder who can do the extension to lock-up stage. I've been getting quotes for demolition of the love-er-ley 1970's laundry, toilet, patio and pergola structure. No way am I paying $8300 to have that pulled down, it is such a small job.

I've been checking out kitchens. I so glad my cousin showed up on Sunday and despite my baking efforts, Bob and Willo got out of going on Amani's Fabulous Kitchen Expedition. Oh boy, what a waste of time. Four kitchen displays, all of them butt ugly. Off to kitchen display shop number two, yesterday, and I found a kitchen I could live with for a good ten years. Yes, a little more pricey but better quality and still within price range (ie cheep cheep).

The budget:
Is looking tight but okay. Thank You Mr Reserve Bank for cutting interest rates one quarter of one per cent yesterday. Let's hope our bank passes it on. The plan is to drawn down on our current mortgage as far as we can, which will cover the rest of our surrogacy costs and the build to lock-up stage, then refinance for the bit extra we need and fix the interest for five years.

We're going to have one hell of a mortgage, so there will be no more sailing the Greek Isles, nor space shuttle trips to outer space, but we'll have bubble, and s/he will better than any fancy house, car or fantasy holiday.

8 comments:

jojo said...

you and lil bub will be fine. your word verification was "preigg".

hooray!

Jaymee said...

can't wait to hear the results.

as for the greek sailing vacations, i don't know about you, but i always get sea sick.

Anita said...

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Bubble will be fine.

Heather R. said...

Can't wait to hear how Bub is doing!

Johnny and Darren said...

We're both eagerly waiting on these results guys.

***positive vibes***

Oddity Acres Clan said...

Just know that we are all sending you positve vibes and MUCH love.. and thats just for the Kitchen selction.. Just IMAGINE how much love etc we are also attaching for you and Bubble!!

I reccomend living vicariously through travel tv shows. Works for us these days..lol

Hugs and hear from you soon.
S xoxo

Suat Duman said...

hi
i like your blog.
thank you

Kerrie and Mark said...

I know you will, but keep us posted on the scan. I hope bub has been very busy growing!