Sunday, April 19, 2009

Child slave labor






































I don't mind a bit of this having kids around. Willo loves to help with anything practical to do with renovations. His dad is not exactly a DIY guru, though he did take a screw out of a hinge for me today. Ah, my boy, he has his step-mother's practical genetics, a chip off the old block.

Will said, "When I work like this I feel like a man's man".

Heh. What does that make me?

We've stripped back the first two window panes. The timber is jarrah. It will take a heck of a lot of work if we bring them back to bare wood for varnishing. I 'm thinking a paint job might be all I can do. There are a set of doors and another seven panes.

But polished jarrah timber windows would look nice ... hmmm ... what to do...

2 comments:

Heather and Jase said...

I have no idea what jarrah is supposed to look like so I will be impressed no matter how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

Your windows are lovely. I live in an old home - 1908. We renovated our home in 2007 and had lead paint in our home. Not sure where the windows were before your puchase, but you may want to consider checking them for paint for lead - just to be safe. Best regards.