Thursday, April 2, 2009

Smug Australian Indian surrogacy parent takes a swipe.

So, anonymoose gets on to make a comment about the surrogacy budget costing so much more than I think it will. Well yeah, der, that's why the build is not going ahead. Anonymoose, hoping to help, tells me they spent US$5000 on an independent lawyer. I recoiled in shock - what the? What for?

So the comments continue and end up with yet another nameless numbskull telling me what is, and assuming I know nothing about the legal processes about getting baby home. 

No, I have not yet done that part, but yes, I have been on the email and phone to all and sundry in India and Australia many months ago, trying to figure out how it could all been done. The amount of time and effort I and my mates S and L (who just brought their twins home today) was exhausting. In fact the work we did may well have assisted this anonymoose with their own process.

But hey, come on in and have a slam!

Here's its latest offering:

I realise that you are yet to do any of this stage and you can only go by what people say. But I would recommend that for someone who claims to "want to help people" you first listen and not criticise. You have only started and really do not have a clue to what is involved. the laws have recently changed as there are now approximately 30 Australian couples going through this process and they are eliminating the courts from the process to sped things up.

Now here's the really super nice part from this smug-faced prick: 

Really Amani you are the one with the least amount of knowledge and yet have the most to say. The sign of very little intelligence. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a baby to see to.

To you, nameless anonymous with your baby to see to.

1. My information comes from The Australian Government, specifically the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Department of Immigration and Citizenship, and the federal Attorney-General's office.

2. It comes first and second-hand from the Australian High Commission in Dehli.

3. It comes from two people who have brought their babies home, one couple in January, and one couple in the past few days.

So don't start telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.

You may like to consider that while you were off in India getting pregnant, a bunch of us were harassing all the above trying to figure out how to do this. The process was very time consuming and confusing, particularly as back when we started this investigation (around September 2008) the Aussie HC told us that S and L, the couple who I get most of my info from, were the first couple to to enquire. 

So our hard work, and efforts to help others and share information most probably assisted you with bringing home your baby.

If there really are 30 couples making inquiries, you can be assured I am one of them. I don't know off all 30 couples, but I do know of many. How many do you know? How many have you tried to help? You seem to have it all together, what are you doing to 

You don't like me objecting to you paying US$5000 for an independent lawyer - well too bad - you were ripped off. And that's where it all started.

FYI the courts were never involved with the process because WE challenged the advice that we had to go to court to prove our babies were ours. S and L also hired a lawyer in India well before any babies were due in order to clarify the legal position in India, and learned that Indian courts were unlikely to hear a parenting case for Australian citizens because under Indian law, where the babies are born, we - the IPS - already have full parental rights, and to go to a court for parental rights was a moot point as far as Indian law was concerned.

This information was passed onto the HC, which spent months with its legal people trying to come up with a solution. So the reason YOU did not have to go through the court system is because WE challenged that and a non-court solution to the conundrum was found.

So who is the intelligent one hey? Me, who has done the homework and been open and sharing with any information I have, or you who threw away US$5000 when you didn't have to.

Perhaps if you had exercised a little more intelligence and good judgement, and had bothered to seek out other Australians who have not only done this before you, have also done it after you and have put their necks out to help poorly prepared little dolts like you - maybe you would have saved yourself  a few thousand. A fool and their money are soon parted.

So go tend to your baby (nar nar nar nar nar, I have a baby and you don't) and have a think about what a stupid, selfish, smug little prick you are.

To everyone else, I have the name of that lawyer - the one you don't pay US$5000 to for a $400 job. Email me and I'll pass it on.




4 comments:

Heather and Jase said...

Damn girl! I'm glad I'm on your side!
Give 'em hell.
*hides in the corner anyway*

Amani said...

I am feeling rather pissed off today and if anyone gets on my blog and insults me, they can cop the wrath of Amani.

*pops to the corner to torment you* ; - )

Oddity Acres Clan said...

I am going to wade in here...

The work Amani and a few other couples have done to make life a heap easier for the rest of the folks trying to have children in India and bring them home, has been nothing short of miraculous.

I dont care how much a person does/doesn't spend on a lawyer yada yada yada yada....

What I care about is someone who supposedly has been through the process like you say you have ANONYMOUS, and knows the pain and heartache of not being able to have a child of your own.. make a comment of "excuse me I have a child to tend to".

What sort of person are you? Using a supposed baby to take a swipe at a person. Now I cant say if you are a parent or not. But from where I am sitting, and no it isnt on my high horse.. but thanks for the thought anyhoo, A REAL parent, a REAL woman who has been through such things, DOESNT make swipes using their own children.

Children DONT need tending. gardens do.

If you dont like what Amani writes, go write your own blog for people to read. I know I sure would be intersted in what you have to say.

But to keep to the spirit of things, I do realise everyone has an opinion.. Oh yes indeedy. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one! Some are just better than others.. so feel free to kiss my pretty ass as you walk your try hard, piss porr, wannabe but cant, failure of an ass out the door.

Toodles!

( Sorry Amani.. just had to vent love)

Amani said...

LMAO Sarz, a gal so much like me!