Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ze Nursery

Entrance to the nursery. Our bedroom is on the left at the front of the house. This is the room where Bob plays Mafia Wars, where Willo refuses to sleep and where Am doesn't play her piano. It's a lovely room with lots of afternoon sunlight coming through the windows. Sadly, it's a bit of junk room.

The bed William won't sleep in. We've been here nearly three years and he has slept in it once. we all camp out in the lounge room, which will become Will's bedroom when the new lounge room is built. The walls in this room are called snow glow. They are a bluey-green, very soft and will go with either blue for a boy or pink for a girl. I'm going to keep everything gender neutral and when we know what sex bubble is, curtains and soft furnishings will add gender-specific colour.


William's Spyforce space drawers complete with farting green alien, hand painted by Am. My second work of art is the moon, earth and sun painting. Will is too old for these now but I don't want to throw them out. See the cupbaord in the corner? That is being dismantled today and is heading for the skip bin. I have to get a plasterer in to patch the walls because the cupboard is recessed into the brickwork.  I plan to buy a combined wardrobe/drawer set for baby onto which I will hand paint a gender-neutral scene - I'm thinking Hey Diddle Diddle the Cat and the Fiddle, or maybe Puss in Boots. That should keep me occupied for the next seven months.



The piano Am doesn't play. That is being moved into the dining room, which is my office but earmarked to become a hallway and future stairwell when we are rich and famous and have enough money to build a second-level. You like Bob's computer cord collection?





2 comments:

Heather and Jase said...

Wait just a dang minute! Where is my room?!

Tigerlilycat said...

I'm back......

I am so glad that we are not the only ones who have to set up a nursery, so I was thinking after you do yours you wanna do mine...

Nik