Monday, September 21, 2009

Cycling again

We are officially cycling as of today. Our donor, R, starts her meds today. She's on a down regulation protocol, so there is a whole month of this for her. Ouch. I only ever had meds for 12 days. She will take an agonist medication for two weeks, then have a scan and blood tests, and if all clear, she'll start the FSH stimulating meds and take them for two weeks. If all goes well EPU happens in approximately four weeks and transfer three days later. 

What a trooper. I cannot feel grateful enough to her for doing this for us. I swore I would retain an emotional distance from this process - after our loss I wanted to protect my heart. But heck, it's impossible to not think of your donor and surrogate on a daily basis. Anyone doing surrogacy, or surrogacy with ED will understand the thoughts and feelings an infertile couple gifted with such a miracle of generosity and science, and a last chance at being parents.


7 comments:

jojo said...

Today is the first day of the rest of your new life. It's going to work this time. No ifs, buts or maybes. It's going to work!!

x

crystal said...

Great!!! Najla is here from California, and we will be hashing out all of our decisons within 48 hours, as well as making plane reservations!

Sarah @ When two becomes three... said...

I did a long protocol with my ER too. Birth control and lupron for 28 days and then started stimming. I really am a big fan of the long protocol. That's basically the only protocol that my clinic here in Canada will use and I bet you guys are going to have a lot of success.

I have everything crossed and so does Miss B.

Richard said...

SO EXCITED for you all!

xoxo

Edward (and Paul) said...

We're wishing you all the very best. Thanks for all your guidance thus far for us in this process....we're thinking all positive thoughts and aligning stars....

J and D said...

Great news!!! Keeping your distance is so hard.

Kerry said...

How exciting for you. I just can't imagine how you both must feel. I wish you both all the luck in the world!!