Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One week down, one to go

Bob has been on that silly ship for a week now. I can't believe I have coped so well. Being super-busy is helping, but my nights are lonely, so I tend to sleep all afternoon, and work at night. (I work from home).

Last night we skyped, but the connection was bad so he was all jerky and then the connection cut out. It was great to see him, but made me want him to come home sooner rather than later.

We got our surrogate's profile yesterday. Very happy with her, and hoping for success, of course. Aren't well all? Can you believe our donor starts meds in five days time. Crap, how did the time fly by? So happy it has.

The side of our house is being knocked off not next week, but the weeks after. So much happening, my life is about to change dramatically. BRING IT ON!!!

Communication with our doctor remains excellent. She is getting very busy. A good surrogacy clinic in India gets a reputation very quickly and people from all over the place come out of the wood works and sign up. Our doc now deals primarily with foreign surrogacy clients. Apparently there is a Norwegian surrogacy support group out there somewhere in web-land, and Phoenix is the clinic of choice for couples from Norway, and has been for some time. 

There are also a few surrogacy clients from the UK going to Phoenix, because our doc is trained in and worked in the UK, hence her Western standards. It's amazing what you learn about the "other" blog/forum/email/online" surrogacy world if you step outside the box. When I started with Indian surrogacy back in September 2008, I knew of only three clinics and two forums. the surrogacy world out there is a very big place, and so much has changed in a year. Our former clinic Surrogacy India had never delivered a surrogacy baby for foreigners back then, and now they have delivered around six, with a few more due.

Exciting times for me and Bob. We're finally getting underway with the extension that was three years in the planning, and our surrogacy, also three years in the planning and trying ... again, and again. Oh God PLEASE let this be the one!!!


3 comments:

Stephaniekb said...

Hi there!
Thanks for your nice comments about Micah. He is definitely on his way to becoming a chubbster!

I hope this is the time when all your dreams of home and family get fullfulled!
Stephanie

Sarah @ When two becomes three... said...

You have SO much going on. I am really glad that time has flown by quickly. I can't even type out how much I want this to work for you.

Rebecca said...

All the luck in the whole wide world that this is the one for you!!!
xoxo

Becky