Monday, September 7, 2009

Two week wait

No, not that two week wait (I wish). We are officially two weeks from our donor starting IVF meds.

Today we received a photograph of our beautiful donor. As mentioned before, we decided to trust and let our doc choose our donor for us based on health and cycling results, not looks. Well didn't we strike lucky in all departments. She is stunning! The weird thing is, she has my sister's eyes and nose and dark hair. If I look just at the upper part of her face it is like looking at my sister (who is also very beautiful). She has my jawline, strong, very light skin, in fact she is lighter than me as I have olive skin and I tan darkly if I go in the sun. We get that from our paternal Polish side of the family.  

As much as I said I wouldn't ever get emotionally hooked on our donor, or our surrogate, I have to say, I am thrilled, and just a little bit smitten. I keep looking at her photo and wondering about her. Who she is, what she likes, what she doesn't like, what I can do to tell her how much I appreciate what she is doing for us. 

Dammit, that's why I wanted a known donor, so I could do all those things ... anyway, it is as it is, and we'll work out a way to express our gratitude.


4 comments:

CharlieCat said...

She is beautiful in every way,congratulations,
CC

crystal said...

That is great news, it will all work out.

Stephaniekb said...

I'm thrilled for you!

jojo said...

it's happening...2 weeks is nothin!