Monday, December 28, 2009

11 weeks ... and holidays


Wow - we're one week away from second trimester. Bubble is the size of a fig heading towards a lime. S/he shoud be around 1.5 inches now and 2 inches by the end of the week. We have our triple test next Monday. This is the stage we lost Nicholas at in May, so I feel a little trepidation, but am generally calm and confident as we've not had anything look even remotely dodgy with this bub.
We're on in Queensland on a ten day holiday. My parents have a second home on North Stradbroke Island where we've been relaxing and having fun for the past week. We came off the island yesterday and head to the Gold Coast today to try out the theme parks.
This is the first year we've been able to bring William on holidays with us. My parents and neice met him for the first time last week, despite him being in my life for the past 4.5 years. He's gotten on really well with my 13yo neice, though the pair of them are very competitive and while playing nicely most of the time, they have blued like brother and sister and I've had to intervene a few times with "I don't care what s/he did, sort it out yourselves" and "Militza, stop throwing sand at your cousin" or "William, do not fill Militza's trench in with sand". Will is quite adorable and has slotted into our family so well it feels like he's been with us forever".
Today Bob, Will and I head to Dreamworld with our friend Roland. William is excited about experiencing contraptions called such appealing names as: Tower of Terror, The Claw and The Cyclone. There is not one fibre of my being that has any desire to strap myself in for a rollercoaster ride, surrogacy is bad enough. Apparently there is a Spongebob Flypants ride for little kids that I may consider braving and waterslides are okay provided you don't get the feeling of being washed over the sides ...
Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays.

2 comments:

tjudle said...

Praying your little "Fig Newton" pass the triple test with flying colors!

sanni said...

hey Amani..
i wish you a nice stay and I cross my finger for, that your struggle getting your baby ends well for you......
my husband and i consider to do the same... - but there are still some issues to take care off and than we shall see if we also could be so lucky and maybe could fulfil our dream of a child of our own...

kind regards from Sanni