Monday, December 7, 2009

Mixed news: 8 weeks and no weeks.


As expected, we lost our little Blob 2. Our SM S has miscarried. We knew this was coming because she had continued bleeding, though it was only light. Sm S won't need a termination as little blobbie has been reabsorbed. So I am glad we don't have to put her through an operation. It's a bit sad but I am okay. This is miscarriage number six - four with me and two with surrogacy. I have to say, it does get easier. I am kind of immune to losing bubs now, though I think I did have a few tears. Ah, if it had to happen to someone it had to happen to never-quit Amani.

On the bright side, we have SM R with our healthy, growing, correct sized everything "all good" Blob 1. Thank GOD we chose two surrogates. I am so glad we went that way otherwise we would be facing a very bleak Christmas having to start yet again, as SM S was our first choice.

We're going to cycle with SM S again once she is ready, if she wants to. That will mean two trips to India for baby pickup perhaps four months apart. Lucky we love Delhi.

Above is a picture of a little embie at eight weeks. I continue to be amazed at how much they grow in such a short time. Blob is up from 3mm at six weeks to around 16mm in two short weeks. Keep growing my little one, I couldn't bear to lose you too.




10 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi, I am sorry to hear your news but pleased you arranged two surrogates. Its such a tough journey. It doesn't matter how many times these things happen it is so hard to sit on the fence until results come in.
Good luck with everything, one day/week/month at a time, best wishes, Kathryn.

Niels and Alexander said...

Really sorry to read this news!
But I am glad for you that one blob is doing great!
All the best

Rebecca said...

I am sorry to hear you lost one, but you still have one babe a growing!! Good luck with everything and as always, you are close in my thoughts.

Edward said...

Sorry for your mixed result but glad you have a really excellent result that is progressing perfectly. xo

tjudle said...

You have every right to shed a few tears and then some for Bub #2. What a great fetal image at the top of you post. I will pretend it is Blob #1 and say, "Hello, baby! Please stick around!".

jojo said...

So sorry to hear that blob 2 didn't make it. But also super happy you still have one blob. Yay!!! Go blob number one!

Big hugs.

x

Sarah @ When two becomes three... said...

U know Am, I just don't know what to say. I'm sorry just doesn't feel like it cuts it. You have experienced way to much loss and I just want to hug you.

But at the same time, I am really happy to hear about your little bubba growing. Keep on keepin on little one.

Sending love.

Jackie said...

Bitter sweet news. I am sorry for the loss of your little one, but thrilled that you have a healthy 8 week old who continues to thrive!

Thinking of you always!

NWGirl said...

You have such a good spirit.

Sending you good karma and the best of health for your little blob.
GROW BUBBA GROW!!

Cheers

Johnny and Darren said...

I am so sory to hear you lost bubble number 2. Happy to hear that bubble #1 is strong and keeping on, keeping on!