Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Second Trimester!



How your baby's growing:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce.

Thirteen weeks today. We are getting more confident every day this bub is coming home with us in late June/early July. Note to self: get the home extension finished.

Just discovered that we get scans every fortnight throughout our pregnancy. Dr Shivani knows we IPs are so far from our bubs that she provides us with pictures fortnightly. She also wants to know what's going on.

I can't wait to see what bubble will look like at our 14 week scan. Scans are as close as we can get to baby, and those pictures are precious and priceless. Soon I will confident enough to write in the pregnancy journal/baby book I have here for bubble ... but I am not buying any clothes until we get to 28 weeks. How's that for self control? : ))

9 comments:

Oddity Acres Clan said...

Congrats on this wonderful milestone in your gorgeous babys development!

Or as my teen would say... "UBER WOOTAGE!!'

Niels and Alexander said...

Can't believe how fast time flies by! I keep my fingers crossed for an uneventful pregnancy... and also, good luck with that extension!

jojo said...

congratulations! baby looks beautiful.

x

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
Fantastic to see everything is going so well.
Cheers
Brad

tjudle said...

I can't help but notice that the medical quote is for a baby girl. Isn't it crazy to think that your daughter is growing by leaps and bounds and transforming day-by-day? It's so exciting!

Jackie said...

How exciting for you both! I remember breathing a bit easier once we reached the second trimester!!!

Yeah...let me know how waiting until 28 weeks before you buy anything works for you! I waited until 16 before I bought an outfit (which she wore for the first time a few days ago) and until 20 weeks before I bought the furniture!
xxxx

Terry & Steve said...

I love that you can see the face!!! I've been off line for a bit, but back on now - so exciting that there is a good bit of good news nowadays! :)

Johnny and Darren said...

Happy Second Trimester To You!
Happy Second Trimester To You!
Happy Second Trimester To You!

One for each of you!

Ps - Good luck on waiting til 28 weeks before you buys clothes!

Gemway said...

Awesome. It is such a big milestone. I look forward to our bubs reaching it next week and then the race is on to see who comes out first!Watch out Dehli here we come again !