Monday, February 8, 2010

17 weeks!!!

Me and my niece Elif at her 4th birthday party. I desperately wanted to buy one of those pink fairy dresses for me, but they didn't come in adult size.

The spoilt fairies - Bob and his sister Sally - our family brats.

We're at week 17. If you consider most singleton babies born through surrogacy in India tend to only go to 38 weeks, then we are almost half way there. Woah, where did the time go? We have our triple test this week, and for once, I am so not stressed about test results. This pregnancy has been so lovely and smooth and boring and all things one could hope for.

Things are happening so fast right now. The roof frame is up, and the tin goes on next week. The plumbers come next week to do the tube-out (nope, I don't know what that is), the sparky is in next week to start cabling, and the following week the inside starts.

Have to confirm quotes with wall and ceiling plasterers ... ah, do that tomorrow. My motto: "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow". I think we may just make it to a livable space before baby arrives.

9 comments:

Sarah @ When two becomes three... said...

Oh - 17 weeks! That is AMAZING! Time will start to pick up soon and I cannot wait to see those pics of your cuddling your sweet babe!

jojo said...

17 weeks! I remember when you were 10 weeks. It doesn't seem like 7 weeks ago to me. Hey, maybe this pregnancy thing does go quite quickly after all.

Love, love, love the dress. You've gotta get one for little bub if she's a girl.

xxx

tjudle said...

I love your niece's name. How do you pronounce it? What does it mean? I'm really in to unusual names right now (Hello! Have you seen my jacked up first name?). I know we don't even have heartbeats yet, but I am already researching baby names.

Bridget said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you guys. I remember reading when you first found out! Time is flying by!

Amani said...

It's pronounced Elle - if. Her dad is Turkish. She's our little pixie elf.

Stephaniekb said...

You look so very happy! Congrats and keep the boring news coming!

Johnny and Darren said...

17 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

You are virtually half way now indeed since most babies come early.

It's happening my dears! Wonderful.

paragon2pieces said...

congratulations! very happy that you have gotten to a point where there is less worry :) thanks for letting us all follow your story.

Oddity Acres Clan said...

** does the 17 week HAPPY DANCE**

BLOOMIN MARVELLOUS NEWS!