Saturday, March 20, 2010

more show and tell ... here's a our baby!

Mouth open, of course. So cute!!!

Grumpy baby - looks like dad.

Does this scan make my butt look big?

Chubby bubby weighs 575 grams and is measuring a week ahead. It is so hard to believe this baby is ours, and that baby is going to be part of our lives forever. I am trying to get my mind into gear about what it will be like to have this little one to love, nurture, feed, clean and care for every day. My mind is thinking more like an expectant mother than a house builder. Starting to think about the reality of having baby home and "OMG, what do I do?" How much do I feed? How often does a nappy get changed? How do I know if my baby is crying from hunger or being tired or through illness? So I'm off to buy a book today. Fortunately for me I have a midwife who lives next door and she's offered to show me the ropes.


14 comments:

George said...

so so damn cute!

tjudle said...

So handsome! ;)

CharlieCat said...

OMG - How beautiful is that. Amani, you have just made my day. Your baby is blowing bubbles in it's ultrasound.

Doug R said...

love the buying a book part. we started reading "baby wise" and i liked a lot of it's thoughts on those kids of things. the experience comes from everywhere, right? Friends, family, books, watching other people parent their kids, god-forbid television...but it all seems to come together, right????? hugs, d

Edward said...

These images are amazing!

I have to tell you that you were in my dream last night...we were in India and you were holding a little baby BOY! And then, I saw your post this morning!!!
I guess it's possible I'm wrong, but you may need to pass the pink stuff on... :-)

Kerrie and Mark said...

Great pics! Baby is blowing bubbles...kinda fitting since you always call him/her bubble.

Juliana said...

so adorable and very exciting!

Johnny and Darren said...

Love these ultrasound pics! I'm still sticking with my dream from last year when you were in the row boat and then there was a baby girl in some house on the floor playing.

I'm guessing a girl.

CocoaMasala said...

What a cutie ;)

Jackie said...

So delicious!!! I am thinking boy too! I just can't wait for him/her to arrive and listen to you gush over how in love you are! So thrilled for you sista!

Stephaniekb said...

How lucky you are to have a midwife next door! Before we had Micah, I always wondered how people could say that they just "knew" what their baby needed. But it really is true. At the beginning, there are very few options -- either baby is hungry, tired, or dirty. You can pretty easily narrow things down. Getting the baby into a good sleep-eat-wake schedule is important, but the books will all scare you by citing the most extreme cases. You will know what to do -- trust your gut. When in doubt, baby needs more sleep.

Greg and Rob said...

Look at that baby!! WOW!! This baby looks so perfect. Love the face pics. :)

jojo said...

hey...your baby is blowing a bubble. i swear it's true and real!

how did he/she manage that??

x

jojo said...

ps - have just read everyone else's comments and they agree. you have a bubble blowing baby!

it is a sign.

there is no denying it. a beautiful SIGN!

xxx