Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby scan update

No 3Ds this time, but a welcome surprise scan came today. This is baby's abdominal circumference. I am back to thinking boy. Why? Can you see what I can see? Look at the circle and at 11 o'clock you will see an elongated shape just below the white sideways oval which is below the top + sign at the top of the circle. Has this pic been taken with butt to the scan? Are they butt cheeks on either side of said "shape" with legs down each side. That's either a well hung boy or a product of my ineptitude at reading ultrasounds mixed with more than a small dose of imagination.

Babe is measuring 33 weeks! Gulp, we are only 31 weeks on Monday. S/he weighs 1.945 kilos (4.3 pounds), with a whoppingly large head measuring 35 weeks. Heart rate is 149 and baby is back to being upside down Miss Jane.

Gotta get this house finished (breathe ... breathe ...) Oh, we got lead light windows and doors installed today - will post pics tomorrow.

We are flying out start of 37 weeks. I don't think we're going to make it.

16 comments:

crystal said...

I can never make out what is on the scans, unless it is 3D. You are almost at the finish line.

Anonymous said...

hmmm I never comment on here but I am soo excited for you! And I will agree it looks like a boy to me( if thats the area!) You have worked so long and hard to get to this point. I am just thrilled on the other side of the world for you! I envy your child to have such an amazing mum who is extremely smart, witty and determined! Yeah for you!

emma said...

I cannot believe you are already at 31 weeks! I hope that your baby (despite being a little bigger) will wait for you and you will not miss his/her birth. You are almost at the end of your journey. How exciting! Good luck on finishing your house as much as possible before leaving for India.

Stephaniekb said...

Micah, who reads scans much better than I do, says "Yeah for boyz!" (he's still working on his spelling....). He can't wait to come visit his Ozzie pals. Either way, we're excited that you're in the home stretch,, and hope the baby stays put for 6 more weeks!

Johnny and Darren said...

Ah memories! Looks like a boy to me too! 33 weeks, wowser. Not long now until your family is complete.

jojo said...

surely baby isn't mooning mummy? not this early in the game!

i don't think that shape is what you think it is. but full points for being imaginative.

i wonder if you'll make it in time? caylow's baby was a whopper, and born at the beginning of 35 weeks. yikes!!

xxx

Kerrie and Mark said...

Looks like boy parts to me...

Will and Michael said...

Lets hope it makes the 37 weeks!!!
So happy for you Amani and Bob, Not long now!!!

Edward said...

LOL. Looks like a full moon over India. The home stretch is sooooo exciting and we're eager to see if your boy imagination is true!

Stephen and Daria Crater said...

Looks like a peeper to me!! That's what we call it here in our house.

Amani said...

Hahaha. Yes, baby is mooning mummy and daddy already! Anyway, names for boy and girl and locked and loaded. I got to choose girl name, Bob got to choose boy name. We (I) are thinking of choosing an Indian middle name.

Tigerlilycat said...

Got lots and LOTS of blue clothes if you need them!! And I'm not sure if you're going to make it either... Tell bubs to stay put and your surrogate to keep her legs crossed.

coco said...

of course you'll make it! i'm counting down the days with you. yeah i'm thinking boy

coco said...

yeah... indian middle name sounds like a great idea

Stephen and Daria Crater said...

Time is flying by for you. I am so happy that your dream is coming true. Good luck over the next few weeks!!

Rebecca said...

OMG, I can't believe how time flies! I think it is a girl! Looks like the 2 labia folds to me. I have girl on the brain though...lol. I am so happy for you momma! Only a few more weeks and your baby is gonna be in your arms.