Monday, June 7, 2010

Sidelights R in.

Finally - we're at lock up. This is Karen the lead lighter and her husband Ken. Karen put so much time and effort and perfectionism into these glorious doors. The sidelights are new and made to match the doors, which are originals made in 1920s. You can't get the same glass that was available 90 years ago, but Karen has done such a good job, you have to look hard to see the difference. I am living in a crystal palace. At night the street light from outside shines through and the glass tinkles like a thousand diamonds. I love my lead lights. I love them so much I would marry them.



5 comments:

jojo said...

wow - they are beautiful!

NWGirl said...

Oh My God!!! They are stunning!! Your friend Karen has done a fantastic job!!!

Kerrie and Mark said...

Gorgeous!

crystal said...

Beautiful, Beautiful!

Ula and Saul said...

stunning, really great job!