Friday, July 16, 2010

Still in Dodge

We're still here. We've just moved over to india Luxury Homes B and B in GK1 as Lotus had another couple coming in. I do like GK1 much better than CR Park, but the honking of horns is the same and it grates at my raw nerves.


Toby is turning into a chubby bubby. Can we overfeed him? He is fitting his 0000 outfits nicely now, and is only three weeks old. Do babies really grow this fast or am I setting Toby up for a life of struggling with his weight? Anyway, he cries, he gets fed.


Toby has decided he will settle in only three positions now - over my left shoulder, which is now really sore being in the same position for ages; cuddled in the crook of my arm; or in daddy's arms - while being walked. When once he would zonk out and could be put anywhere to sleep, not now. As soon as the eyes are closed and the limbs have gone limp, if we put him down, within a few minutes he is screeching.


He now sleeps in my left arm, or no-one gets sleep, despite his bed being between Bob and I. Needless to say, the left arm gets cramped and stiff, mummy gets little sleep - I am alert for every sound or movement and just can't go into a deep sleep - and I am constantly on the edge of falling asleep, but am too overtired to pass out, even on Bob's watch.


We have the DNA test back - 99.994 per cent match to Bob. Our papers are at the High commission...

6 comments:

Bob said...

...a Delhi power failure strikes again. Megan is getting some well earned sleep. I have caught a flu bug. I hope the other two don't get it.

Anonymous said...

From what I have heard you can't overfeed - you are developing trust and security by meeting his needs. A much nicer thought isnt it, than predicting a weighty future... lol
Gitta

Tigerlilycat said...

Yay to the DNA results and the further progression of your paperwork.

Remember babies cry for anything they want - so try settling or checking if he's too warm or too cold or is tired or wet before feeding. Keep track of how long it is inbetween feeds as a guide (if he's still taking 4oz it should be three or so hours between feeds). And for your own sanity, start teaching him to sleep on his own NOW. I know it's beautiful but when you get home and the real world intrudes, you just don't have the luxury of having him attached 24/7.

And yep, they grow fast. Remember you'll be going through around 3-4 sizes in six months.

jojo said...

I can just imagine you all there - and despite the sleep factor, I love the thought of Toby needing to be near his mummy. Aaww...

Good luck with the HC - hope it goes quickly for you.

xxx

Oddity Acres Clan said...

Oh wow, you guys seriously need to get home. Not that I am telling you anything you do not already know.
Bob, sorry you are so unwell get better really soon

Meg, you cant overfeed Toby, he is growing just fine.

As for the sleeping in 3 positions bit.. wait till you get home then speak t someone about changing his sleep patterns and yours, you have time, he is still little, if you dont you will burn out faster than a candle in a breeze.

You are both doing an amazing job!!!

Stephaniekb said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon and congrats on getting the DNA results! I have to echo Lisa ... got to let him learn to sleep without being in someone's arms. As pitiful as those little cries are when he's 3 weeks old, they only get louder and more insistant when an experience he's grown to know and trust gets changed. And I also agree that he's definitely not hungry EVERY time he cries, so don't let yourself get sucked into that trap, either. My sister fed her babies on demand all night and they (at age 7 and 4) are terrible sleepers and have lots of issues. Getting on a 3 or 4 hour schedule will make EVERYONE happy!