Sunday, September 26, 2010

Roll up, roll up, one and all...


It's Perth Royal Show week here in the far west of Australia, a veritable country in its own right. WA should secede from the rest of the country. This year I have an excuse to not have to mingle with Perth's bogans and the yearly blow-in of toothless, baccy-chewin' Carnie Folk. Toby. I know when he's old enough I will be forced to revisit this nightmare of stinky men and rabid teens, and puddles of battered-sav-on-a-stick induced vomit. Today my idea of fun was to stay home and spring clean the house.


Double click on the pic to get the full effect of the horror on their faces. Priceless.

Toby's show ride. "Mumma get me off grandma's swing. I want 4G forces like my brother got. And a S26 newborn show bag."


"Why is that camera always in my face? You think I'm going to smile when I have a big black shiny thing with winking lights grabbing my attention?"


Frrrrt - and smile - our multi-talented baby.


My sweet baby. I think he'll keep those blue eyes.


Gotcha! A perfect baby. I will enter him in a beauty contest and he will win.


and the best saved for last. "Mummy is so funny!"

So, not a lot to say. Day after day is the same. Wake up, feed Toby, change Toby, play with toby, put Toby to bed. I am loving the slow pace and lack of drama in our lives. We've started to do a few things on the house. The verandah (porch) paving is next to go in, then hopefully a new fence, driveway and one of those remote controlled sliding gates, as I am too lazy to get out and open a gate to put the car in. Babies slow you down. I don't do anything fast these days. I can no longer achieve 100 things in one day ... it is so different to the frenetic pace I was keeping up before Toby's birth.

I have time to watch TV, catch up on documentaries - am obsessed with "Who Do You Think You Are?" at present, time to read, even to play piano. I haven't gone back to painting yet (too messy) and I am concentrating on learning a medley of songs for Mr Toby-Wan-Kenobi. I can't sing for sh*t but the acoustics in the new extension would make Tickle Me Elmo's voice sound good. Maybe there is a place for me on the X-Factor after all.

(Yeah, the last bit was a joke : ))

Life is good.

9 comments:

Stephaniekb said...

Totally beautiful! What a lucky, smiley baby. I get a few pinches of his cheeks in exchange for all the ones you grabbed of Micah's!

tjudle said...

I can't believe how blue his eyes are. I'm sure your voice sounds like an angel to Toby. Babies love all things mummy!

Bob said...

Carneys rock! Watching them in all their glory is my prime motivation to visit sideshow alley. I especially love their two year old children with rat tail haircuts, tattoos and body piercings.

Tertia said...

What a beautiful post! I love how peaceful and content you sound, isn't motherhood wonderful (and tough sometimes!)

Your baby is absolutely gorgeous! What a stunner you have there

Good for you Megan, well done

Tertia

Kerrie and Mark said...

My god he is adorable!!!

Amber and Brian said...

Toby gets cuter every day. How is that possible?

Edward said...

What darling giant eyes your boy has!

I'm already adjusting to the new pace of parenthood. Yesterday, I thought to myself the only thing I HAVE to do today is get to know my daughter and love her!

See you on the television for your singing debut!

Mandy said...

He is changing so much each day, sooo handsome, i just wanna pinch his cheeks!

Surrogacy said...

Cute baby, happy to see.