Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He stands!



I think he is going to bypass crawling and go straight to walking. He is already pulling himself up on the couch. He takes 95% of his weight himself and just needs something to grab onto. Note the tippy toes ... my ballerina. (Excuse the nappy, nanny put that one on.)


Life is so busy. I work, I care for Toby, I paint, I try to sleep, and I work some more. I finally gave in and hired a painter. Whoot! Now my mum and dad are here from the East coast and I have two full-time babysitters. Whoot!

Toby is now eight months old. At his last check he weighed 8.5 kilos, boy can you feel it. I use him as dumb bells for my morning exercise. He isn't crawling yet, trying, but not getting anywhere fast. His favourite words are still da-da da-da da-da; he eats everything and anything - he even gobbled down an anchovy. he is a wriggler, and has a mind of his own. I suspect he is going to be quite a determined, willful little toddler and I'm not looking forward to nascent mobility.

Grandpa Peter is Toby's new best mate. They I walked into dad's room the other day and there was dad lying back reading, Toby next to him, with a catalogue. He likes to copy, though he soon ate the pages, something grandpa didn't teach him I hope.



Awwww ...





Grandpa and grandson. They share a birth date and we are having a joint birthday party this year. Dad is 75, Toby turns one on the same day. Dad is diabetic, so Toby will be lucky to get a whole wheat carrot cake with zucchini icing. (Note to dad: put your tooth in before I take pics.)



My sweet smart little boy loves his red plastic goblet. Maybe he will join the circus as an acrobat, he uses his feet as much as his hands. His bottle usually ends up between his feet, twirled around by his toes.

He loves his truck. This pic shows how cheeky and confident my little baby is.








Cheeky baby. I love you so much.

12 comments:

Edward said...

Handsome lad! They do grow quickly don't they?!?!

Intended Parents said...

Toby is super adorable! I agree, he may skip crawling and go straight to walking. Hope you and Mr. Bob get a few nights out while your parents are visiting.

Tracy

The Heffernan's said...

Meg, Toby is just absolutely gorgeous!

Will and Michael said...

Adorable!!! He definitely has trouble in his eyes!!! Baton down the hatches for mobility!!!

Kerrie and Mark said...

My goodness he is a strong boy! I cannot beleive how tall he is! His character sure shows in his face..adroable!

CocoaMasala said...

WOW I can't believe how big Toby is getting :)

Sarigirl said...

Toby is so gorgeous I could eat him!!! Renee x

Doug R said...

i can just see his character coming through in the photos. so adorable!

B and SJ said...

Wow! Tobys getting so big & strong-Think you may have a little heart breaker on your hands ;) SJ & B xx

Star said...

Oh Toby is growing so fast and is a very handsome young boy. Was gorgeous to see him looking at his Grandpa with such a loving expression.

Have a wonderful visit with your folks. xoxo

Terry & Steve said...

I miss all our blog friends! I cannot believe how much time has passed...you will have a one year old soon. OMG. He is amazing Meg...love the pics and everything about this post :)

Xx

jojo said...

He is a real character, just like his mummy ;))