So now we wait.
Here is some recent Toby cuteness.
- One week shy of 16 months and he still doesn't walk. He pushes his high chair, stroller, and his walker around, scuttles about the furniture and walls, hangs onto legs and walks with confidence, but try to get him to walk with you even holding one hand and he bends his knees then plonks on his bum and sits down.
- He talks - a lot. He says "bu" (bus), "tr" (truck), "boh" (ball), mum, mummy, da da, ta ta (goodbye) and even hello. We only count words he repeats, or have context - eg. pointing at a truck and bus and ball when he says the word. Bugger the not walking, Toby is an intellect.
- He is very friendly, perhaps too friendly. He eyeballs strangers and when they smile at him he waves and says ta ta.
- He encouraged the beggars in Delhi by waving and smiling at them.
- He is very happy - he laughs and laughs and laughs.
- He eats - a lot. He likes medium heat curry, smoked salmon, anchovies, olives, anything spicy or full of flavour, he eats pretty much anything - except paw paw (papaya).
- He throws his food on the floor.
- He feeds himself - with his hands, and shoves large pieces of food into his gob, then takes it out and gives it to mummy.
- He was seven teeth through, and four more half through - big ones at the back - the bottom right next to the front tooth has gone awol.
- He still sleeps with his mum and dad in their bed.
- He gives big sloppy open-mouthed kisses.
- He has discovered mummy's belly button and loves to stick his finger in it.
- He has discovered boobs .. mmm ... boobies.
- He climbs up the slides and down the ladders at the local park.
- He's just getting into In the Night Garden ... Macka Packa.
- He sings, not terribly well, but it makes him and his mummy happy.