Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lotsa eggs

Count the eggs below - that's how many Dr Beena collected yesterday.
Now we await fertilisation.



It was really weird being at Isis yesterday knowing our dear donor R was in the next room (recovery). I wanted to run in and hug her, and I got all teary, I really wanted her to meet Toby and for him to meet her. But it's not allowed, and if it was, I don't know if she would be okay meeting us. Such a bizarre situation that the genetic mother of your child is one room away, helping you - yet again - and you can't make contact. I send our love and thanks through the staff, but it just didn't seem enough after what she has given us. There is a glorious palace set aside in Heaven for our donors and surrogates.

11 comments:

hopefromtheashes said...

Congratulations on the great egg count!! We're so excited for you all, and sending much love and sticky baby dust your way! Well said and amen about surrogates and donors--what wonderful, giving people they are!

Saskia said...

Hope all goes well for you & your family. Fingers & everything crossed for lots of fertilisation!!

Will and Michael said...

Fingers crossed they all do what they should do!!! Good luck WHAM

Anu said...

Wonderful news, congratulations and hope for many embryos!

B and SJ said...

Best of Luck! Im sure everyone is so excited to meet your gorgeous boy Toby. Fingers crossed for another success story. SJ & B xx

Kerrie and Mark said...

Losta eggs is right!! YAY!!! Now, soon, the dreaded TWW. You know that you are getting twins right? LOL

Mandy - email said...

Oh my those are great results, there is a place for sure for them! GOOD LUCK HUN!!

save some of those baby dusts for me and say a little prayer as well for us while in Delhi :) What better place to leave a prayer.

Tigerlilycat said...

Great numbers (again)! It's a happening thing and it's happening to you...

Tigerlilycat said...

Meg - quick shopping request. If you come across them and you have room in your bag, can you grab me 3 of those toy rickshaws that we bought in Mumbai? Any colour. Thanks!!!

Doug Rigg said...

I thought I posted a comment but maybe I didn't finish the transaction...congratulations on the wonderful retrieval! Well said about the EDs! Our surro is our egg donor too, so we are especially thankful to this one person! GOOD LUCK!!!

jojo said...

Oh gosh, that's wonderful news!

My heart is in my mouth hoping and praying for you to make a little sister or brother (or both!!) for super tobes.

Baby dust baby dust baby dust!!

xxx

ps pls give Dr Shivani and big hug from me.

pps wv is 'minte' as in your current attempt will result in a mint outcome :)