Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lotsa good news

Triple test - returned and all prefect!!! Everything in the green zone of goodness. I checked every single thing, every score, every measurement, every everything on that test result as it was a real trigger for me given the debacle we had with the clinic in Mumbai with this very same test in 2009. Being told our baby had trisomy 18 and a termination was scheduled, fighting to stop a termination (for our personal religious reasons) then having to fight for two weeks to actually get a copy of the actual test result only to find the test was in the same green zone! ... ... Oops, but baby had no heartbeat, even before the test was done! ... Well,  it brought back some very dark days. I guess one never gets over the losses.


Onto more good news:
Our beloved Amber came home with a very unattractive plastic collar around her neck. She was miserable and Toby thought she had a new toy and proceeded to bang bang bang the collar and try to rip it off her.


The good news is that she had a Grade 2 mast cell tumor and they got everything. Poor Ambie has a 10 inch row of stitches along her back, and a dip in her back where they took 3cm of muscle in the cut. She has been on anti-biotics and painkillers for the past week and a bit, and she has bounced back fine! We will have to check her for lumps and bumps as there is a 50% chance of another one popping up, but at this stage there is no need for radiotherapy or chemotherapy.


Is this the happiest boy in the world? Toby figured out how to drag his "special box" up to the cabinet, stand on it and get into the drawers. The pic is a month old, he has now figured out how to bite the child proof catches on the cabinet doors and get into all things of great goodness.



Toilet training!



Enuff said, too early, the elaborate ladder and toddler seat is just a toy for now. It is a fabo toy cause one  small boy can reach the toilet paper roll, pull off all the paper and stuff it down the dunny without even doing a wee-wee.


The bed
And finally ... our boy has been in his big bed for some time now, but we still have the mummy/daddy/baby cuddle up in the big bed. Please see below how this works for us. I am determined for new baby to go straight into a cot, and I am greatly worried about this as we always co-slept with Toby.

So, will I bond with new baby in the same way I could with Toby? If I banish new baby to a cot, will he feel unloved? Will we bond? Will I be a bad mummy for doing this? I seriously can't imagine having me, Bob, Toby and new baby in the one bed ... ah, the mother's guilt starts from the moment of conception!


10 comments:

The Heffernan's said...

Even now if we have a child in the bed they rule the bed space. Great sleep for child no sleep for parents. Guilt is parenthood unfortunately.

lucylu said...

Hi Meg, Glad everything is going well with bubs. I dont think you have to take a baby into your bed for them to feel loved. Josh feels loved and very rarely ever slept in my bed.....only because I was too scared I would roll on top of him!!

Carrie Jo said...

I promise (just for your own peace of mind!) that you'll probably feel MORE attached to baby #2 if you always make him/her sleep in its cot. You will have slept better and therefore have more energy to devote to #2. Bella has never once slept with us and she's so attached to me it's crazy. I promise, you have nothing to feel guilty about. It will be better for all of you.

Aleksandra said...

Congratulations on all the good news! Toby is looking so cute, I love that he climbs on his box! That bed is our bed now but with 2 babies.... Go big I say, King Size and you will all fit.

lisalu said...

I am so pleased with all your good news Meg.... and totally understand about the scan.. will be the same i know!! Toby is growing so fast, what a lovely chap he is !! I hope your dog gets better very soon!!
Best wishes
lisa x

petitcanard said...

Toby is so adorable! And wow, getting into stuff already - the signs are not auspicious for a peaceful household in the near future, haha :) Congrats on a perfect triple marker test - what a relief!! And thanks again for your help, Bruce and I had a wonderful trip to India :):)

petitcanard said...

I forgot to say congrats on Amber's operation as well, what good news! And the Collar of Doom, never much fun..

Zee said...

I know this is a bit late but I just read this post and remembered this bed I saw a while back. I think it's pretty funny...
http://cdn.babble.com/babys-first-year-blog/files/2012/01/01-.jpg

baby bibs said...

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.

sumit kumar said...

really a nice post.. good information about baby products. child in bed ruled the bed space. great pics.

online baby toys